- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If there’s one thing we know about George Clooney and his new wife, Amal, it’s that he’s completely smitten about her. What we haven’t known for a while? His proposal story, which he finally revealed in an interview with Charlie Rose on CBS This Morning on Tuesday.
“It happened pretty quickly. I knew fairly quickly that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Amal,” he said. “But, you know, I have to say, when I asked her — you know — we had never talked about it. So it was all — there was, you know — there wasn’t, like, ‘Hey, maybe we should get married.’ I literally — I dropped it on her.”
While at his home one night (with a playlist of his aunt Rosemary’s songs in the background), the Tomorrowland actor popped the question.
He shared: “Finally, I just said, ‘Listen.’ You know, I’m 53, at the time, or 52, I think, at the time, and I said, ‘You know, I’ve been on my knee now for about 28 minutes. So I gotta get an answer out of this, ’cause I’m gonna throw a hip out.”
And, well, the rest is history, as the two tied the knot in Venice, Italy, last September.
“I have someone who I can talk to about anything and someone who I care more about than I’ve cared about anybody,” said Clooney. “So it’s really nice.” Aw.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day