- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Just over a week after it was revealed that George Clooney would be appearing in a Downton Abbey short film for charity, the show’s Laura Carmichael has spilled the beans on the star’s appearance and a particularly amusing scene involving Maggie Smith.
Speaking on U.K. breakfast television, the actress revealed that Clooney attempts to land a smacker on Smith.
“There’s a very brilliant moment with Maggie and George — I don’t know if I want to give away any more than that really — but George wants a kiss, and Maggie ends up on the floor. It’s wonderful,” she told ITV’s This Morning.
Carmichael, who plays Lady Edith, also admitted that the cast had no idea that Clooney would appear.
“We didn’t know it would happen until he turned up. We were filming anyway,” she said.
The fifth season of the hit series debuted on U.K. broadcaster ITV on Sunday. The premiere drew an average audience of 8.4 million, the show’s lowest season debut since its launch in 2010.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day