- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Members of George Michael’s family say they are “extremely upset” that a recording of the emergency call reporting his death was leaked to the press.
The family’s lawyers released a statement Sunday saying they want an investigation, “and we will expect the culprit(s) to be dealt with appropriately.” The statement added that Michael’s family and friends are appalled “that such a personal, painful and clearly confidential recording has been leaked.”
The Sun newspaper on Saturday published a transcript and audio recording of the panicked Dec. 25 call made by Michael’s partner, Fadi Fawaz, to the emergency number.
Fawaz says, “I’ve been trying to wake him up for the last hour. … He’s gone.”
An initial autopsy on the 53-year-old former Wham! frontman was inconclusive. The results of toxicology tests have not been disclosed.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day