- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the movie, from 20th Century Fox and Walden Media, Butler plays Northern California surfing legend Frosty Hesson, who is enlisted by a 15-year-old Jay (newcomer Jonny Weston) to help him train to surf the mythic Mavericks surf break — one of the biggest waves on Earth — once he discovers that it’s real.
The new trailer shows that Frosty is initially reluctant, telling Jay: “That wave is a myth, and the four of us who surf it intend to keep it that way.”
He also warns Jay: “One wrong turn, you’re hitting the water like concrete at 50 miles an hour.”
Realizing Jay intends to surf the Mavericks with or without his help, Frosty gives in — but they have only 12 weeks to train, as the window for the swells that cause the huge waves closes then.
The film, which co-stars Elisabeth Shue, Abigail Spencer, Taylor Handley, Scott Eastwood and Leven Rambin, hits theaters Oct. 26.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day