- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gerard Depardieu couldn’t wait to go.
The actor urinated on the carpet of an Air France plane in front of passengers Wednesday when the cabin crew asked him to wait 15 minutes to use the restrooms. The plane was delayed in Paris, and due to fly to Dublin.
“Je veux pisser, je veux pisser,” Depardieu, 62, was overheard telling flight attendants, according to a passenger’s recollection on French radio station Europe 1 (via the Associated Press).
“The attendant said ‘I’m sorry, you’ll have to wait fifteen minutes, [when] we’ll be in flight. The toilets are locked’,” the passenger, Daniele, said.
Instead, Depardieu said he couldn’t wait, unzipped his pants and peed on the carpet in front of all the passengers.
“You could tell he’d been drinking,” Daniele said.
The plane returned to the gate and was delayed for two hours while the mess was cleaned up.
Air France confirmed Depardieu’s actions to national TV station TF1, but said it was not sure what kind of action it would take against the actor.
Depardieu won a Golden Globe best actor award for 1990’s Green Card.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood