- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Demi Lovato and Rainn Wilson are feeling blue.
Sony has released the first image of its forthcoming fully animated feature Get Smurfy, which shows the familiar Smurfs characters bouncing on Gargamel’s head. The film, based on artist Peyo‘s creations, is set for release on March 31, 2017.
Lovato will voice Smurfette, Wilson will bring the evil Gargamel to life and Mandy Patinkin will be Papa Smurf. The film centers on Smurfette and the gang trying to find a mysterious Smurfs village before Gargamel can.
Kelly Asbury (Shrek 2) is directing Get Smurfy. Jordan Kerner (Charlotte’s Web) is producing, and Mary Ellen Bauder (Hotel Transylvania) is co-producing.
“The continued popularity of the Smurfs is unmistakable, and this new outing will return them to the fully animated world that launched them,” Asbury says.
Sony’s The Smurfs (2011) and The Smurfs 2 (2013) have together grossed more than $900 million worldwide, with Get Smurfy set as the first all-animated film in the franchise.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day