- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mike Huber, a locally hired crew member working on the set of Paramount’s G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation, died Nov. 22 while working on the production in New Orleans.
Paramount issued the following statement to The Hollywood Reporter: “Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the Huber family at this time.”
Paramount said the safety of its cast and crew is a top priority and it is “fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident.”
TMZ reported Wednesday that Huber died while working on a high-powered scissor lift that tipped over.
Paramount will release G.I. Joe 2 on June 29; it follows G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, a hit in 2009.
Jon M. Chu is directing the Lorenzo di Bonaventura-produced sequel, which will feature Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson and RZA, among others.
The project began shooting in New Orleans in August.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day