- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
G.I. Joe Retaliation and The Croods will follow Django Unchained in getting a release in China in April.
The second installment in the action-film franchise, starring Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson and Korean star Lee Byung-hyun, will make its bow in Chinese cinemas on April 15, followed by The Croods on April 29.
Django Unchained was earlier granted a Chinese release date of April 11 (it’s understood that Quentin Tarantino will be re-cutting the film himself to ensure that it passes the Chinese censorship board).
The Impossible, meanwhile, has yet to confirm a concrete opening date after being pulled from the release schedule in March.
The Chinese roll-out for Iron Man 3 has also remained unconfirmed. Earlier reports about a simultaneous U.S.-China release on May 3 have now been countered with online messages about the film possibly opening in China in late April.
Iron Man 3 opens in Hong Kong, where distributors and exhibitors decide on release schedules independent from the mainland Chinese authorities, on April 26.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day