- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gillian Jacobs has joined Melissa McCarthy in Life of the Party, a New Line comedy that is being directed by McCarthy’s husband, Ben Falcone.
McCarthy and Falcone also wrote the script and are producing the project with Chris Henchy (Daddy’s Home).
Plot details are being kept on lock but it is being described as in the vein of the Rodney Dangerfield hit college comedy Back to School. Jacobs will play a sorority sister.
David Siegel is exec producing the comedy, which is to head before cameras in Atlanta in August.
Jacobs is best known as one of the stars of NBC’s cult TV comedy Community. The actress recently wrapped season two of Netflix’s Love, the Judd Apatow-produced romantic series in which she stars with Paul Rust. She also stars in dramedy Don’t Think Twice alongside Keegan-Michael Key and Kate Micucci. The latter has a platform release throughout July then opens wide in August.
Jacobs is repped by UTA, Authentic Talent and Literary Management, and Lichter Grossman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day