- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Twenty years after Bound, Gina Gershon will be Ironbound.
The actress will star off-Broadway this spring in the New York premiere of Martyna Majok’s darkly funny character study, which was first produced last fall in a well-reviewed staging at the Round House Theatre in Washington, D.C.
Gershon will play Darja, a Polish immigrant who has lived through three unsatisfying relationships and three presidents during her two decades in the U.S. Struggling to survive and look after her son in the shadow of a run-down New Jersey industrial wasteland, she negotiates for a better future.
Directed by Daniella Topol, the play begins previews March 3 at Rattlestick Playwrights Theater, with official opening night set for March 16. The cast also includes Josiah Bania, Shiloh Fernandez and Morgan Spector. The production is a joint presentation of Rattlestick and Women’s Project Theater.
Gershon’s previous stage work has included Broadway appearances in Cabaret (2001), Boeing-Boeing (2008) and Bye Bye Birdie (2009). She is currently filming Permission, opposite Dan Stevens and Rebecca Hall, and appears on Amazon comedy series Red Oaks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day