- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez is in negotiations to star opposite Mark Walhberg in Deepwater Horizon, the oil rig disaster drama that Peter Berg is directing for Lionsgate.
The story unfolds on Deepwater Horizon, the infamous British Petroleum oil rig that caught fire and exploded on April 22, 2010 while drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, killing 11 crew members and resulting in the largest offshore oil spill in United States history.
Walhberg is starring as an electrician on the rig, and Rodriguez would play the movie’s female lead, the communications officer for the company. Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Mark Vahradian are producing.
Deepwater will mark Rodriguez’s biggest feature to date, following her Golden Globe win for best performance in a television series in the comedy/musical category for her work on Jane the Virgin.
She is repped by APA, Intellectual Aritst and attorney Karl Austen.
Lionsgate had no comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day