- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Fincher has admitted that he considered many top young actresses for the role of goth punk hacker Lisbeth Salander in his remake of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
We heard that Natalie Portman, Ellen Page and Carey Mulligan were up for the demanding role. And Scarlett Johansson gave a really great audition. But Fincher nixed her, telling Vogue, “The thing with Scarlett is, you can’t wait for her to take her clothes off.”
Rooney Mara finally landed the role after three months of auditions and tests to prove she was franchise-worthy. She also got her nipple, ears and nose pierced, bleached her eyebrows and had her long brown wavy hair hacked into a jet black punk mohawk by Edward Scissorhands (OK, it was really Lady Gaga and Gwen Stefani’s fave hairdresser Danillo).
A topically irreverent website called ButYoureLikeReallyPretty.com decided to show us what several top actresses would have looked like as Salander. Check out Anne Hathaway as Salander. Yeah, that would have been a bad idea.
And to see Twilight star Kristen Stewart (and she could totally have pulled it off), along with Keira Knightley, Carey Mulligan, Natalie Portman, Ellen Page, Mia Wasikowska, and Evan Rachel Wood as Salander, go to ButYoureLikeReallyPretty.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day