- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The team behind the Academy Award-winning score for The Social Network has been working on the 39-song soundtrack for the David Fincher adaptation of Stieg Larsson‘s novel for more than a year. The six tracks made available (35 minutes in total) give a sense of the mood that will run rampant in the film’s score.
“We laughed, we cried, we lost our minds and in the process made some of the most beautiful and disturbing music of our careers,” Reznor wrote on his official website on Thursday. “The result is a sprawing three-hour opus that I am happy to announce is available for pre-order right now for as low as $11.99. The full release will be available in one week – December 9th.”
Reznor also made note that he and Ross scored the eight-minute trailer “separately from the film.”
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo hits U.S. theaters Dec. 21. The soundtrack will be available digitally Dec. 9 before hitting stores. Rooney Mara, in the title role, has already won the breakthrough performance award from the National Board of Review.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day