- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The marketers behind The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo got creative in a new clip that hit the Internet on Thursday.
The video, posted at the Dragon Tattoo Tumblr site Mouth Taped Shut, is a nine-minute segment that focuses on the mysterious disappearance of Harriet Vanger from her family estate decades ago. The case, which is at the center of the upcoming David Fincher-directed movie and Stieg Larsson book from which it’s adapted, is what draws journalist Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig) and hacker Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara) together.
But the marketers have chosen to revive the newsmagazine Hard Copy for the segment, making it look like an investigative report from the show that was recorded on VHS and also mixing in commercials from the 1980s.
The segment actually re-creates the show to probe into the disappearance by interviewing several “experts” about the teen and what might have happened.
Sony Pictures releases the movie Dec. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day