- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo star Rooney Mara may have received a Golden Globe nomination for her turn as Lisbeth Salander in David Fincher’s upcoming film, but there’s one gig she’d like to take back.
The 26-year-old actress, who previously starred in Fincher’s The Social Network, recalled a guest appearance in a 2006 episode of Law & Order: SVU.
PHOTOS: 10 Biggest Book-to-Big Screen Adaptations of the Last 25 Years
“It was so awful. So stupid,” Mara told Allure. “Me and my boyfriend — although I [didn’t] look old enough to have a boyfriend — went and beat up these fat people and at the end of the show, you find out that I used to be obese and I hate fat people.”
Mara admitted the role was “ridiculous.” “Who would ever do that?,” she said. “Who would beat someone up because they’re fat?”
PHOTOS: Hollywood’s New Leading Ladies
The part was one of her first TV and film jobs and though the experience wasn’t a particularly memorable one, it led to guest spots on Women’s Murder Club and The Cleaner TV shows, and a role in Dream Boy.
Mara, who played Mark Zuckerberg‘s girlfriend in Social Network, believes Fincher never wanted to “hire someone well-known,” she said. “He needed someone that people were unfamiliar with because it’s the only way they could really believe this character. She’s such a mystery.”G
Girl WIth the Dragon Tattoo, co-starring Daniel Craig, hits theaters Dec. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day