- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Girls creator Lena Dunham had nothing but praise for Tina Fey‘s spoof of her HBO show on Saturday Night Live.
The SNL parody of Girls was a true honor.
Very excited about the current lineup of SNL ladies. They are funny like whoa.
— Lena Dunham (@lenadunham) September 29, 2013
Dunham watched the show at the house of her friend Mindy Kaling, who also tweeted a photo of Dunham watching the parody with a smile on her face.
In the spoof, SNL host Fey she played the newest addition to the gang, an Albanian refuge named Blerta who was rooming with Hannah. Fey’s character had a hilariously tragic rebuttal for every and self-pitying complaint the Girls gang had.
“I have OCD,” Hannah said, rather proudly. Fey’s character responded: “I also have OCD. It’s when old cow bites you and then the disease infects the skin.”
When another of the girls burst in, upset she that her ex was now an Internet millionaire, Fey’s character said that her ex was buried in a shallow grave somewhere. (Watch the video below.)
Dunham and Fey were both nominated for outstanding lead actress at last week’s Primetime Emmy Awards; both lost the honor to Veep star Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
Aaron Couch contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day