- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The director and his Scott Free Productions are moving forward on a follow-up to his best picture Oscar winner, which will follow Lucius (the son of Lucilla and the nephew of Joaquin Phoenix’s Commodus). In the 2000 movie, Russell Crowe’s Maximus saved the boy from his uncle.
The project is in early stages of development, with Paramount currently in negotiations to land the project. DreamWorks was behind the original film, which earned five Oscars and pulled in $460 million at the global box office, with Universal having handled international distribution.
Peter Craig has been tapped to pen the movie. Craig is the writer behind Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 & 2 and is currently working on Paramount ‘s Top Gun sequel, Maverick.
Scott, who would return to the director’s chair for the Gladiator sequel, last helmed the Getty kidnapping movie All the Money in the World. He is repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day