- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Networks from around the world have jumped aboard the drama from Luther creator Neil Cross, which stars Malkovich as the legendary pirate Blackbeard.
Germany’s Tele-Munchen Group nabbed rights to the limited series for Germany, Turner International and Polar Star split Latin American rights, while Sohu secured the show for China. Sierra/Engine, which is handling worldwide sales for the series, also closed further deals across Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Crossbones is set in 1715 on the Bahamian island of Santa Compana, the first functioning democracy in the Americas. Blackbeard (Malkovich) reigns over this rogue nation of thieves and outlaws, who regularly plunder the ships that sail past. The powers that be in international commerce send an undercover assassin, Tom Lowe (Richard Coyle), to infiltrate Blackbeard’s society and kill him, but Lowe gains respect for the man that is supposed to be his target.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day