- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A prequel to Mario Puzo‘s Godfather novel will be published in June 2012.
Based on an unproduced Puzo screenplay, The Family Corleone takes place before the Corleones’ rise to power and tells the story of how young Vito Corleone fought his way through New York’s criminal underworld to become the powerful “Don” introduced in The Godfather.
Ed Falco is the author of The Family Corleone.
Grand Central Publishing exec vp Jamie Raab said Wednesday, “Guided by Mario Puzo’s own unproduced screenplay, Ed Falco thrillingly brings back Puzo’s classic characters in a prequel that both honors the original, and stands on its own as a Godfather novel for a new generation of readers.”
Puzo shared adapted screenplay Oscars with Francis Ford Coppola in 1972 and 1974 for their work on The Godfather and The Godfather, Part II, respectively.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade