- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Julianne Moore won the Golden Globe for best actress in a motion picture, drama.
Others nominated in the category were Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl), Reese Witherspoon (Wild), Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything) and Jennifer Aniston (Cake).
Read more Golden Globe Awards Nominations: The Complete List
In Still Alice, Moore portrays a linguistics professor struggling with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. The Sony Pictures Classics film, co-directed by Richard Glatzer and Wash Westmoreland, also stars Kate Bosworth, Alec Baldwin and Kristen Stewart.
Moore was also nominated this year for best actress in a motion picture, musical or comedy, for her role in Maps to the Stars. She previously won a special Golden Globe in 1994 and a Globe for best performance by an actress in a miniseries or a motion picture made for television for portraying Sarah Palin in HBO’s Game Change.
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosted the 72nd annual Golden Globe Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills on Jan. 11.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day