- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Count on Aziz Ansari to keep things real.
The Parks and Recreation star stopped for an interview with E!’s Giuliana Rancic Sunday evening on the red carpet at the Golden Globes, where he poked fun at the glitz and glamour of the event. When Rancic asked her go-to question, “Who are you wearing?” Ansari showed himself to be an expert in fashion, citing “Kevin Dior” as the designer of his tuxedo.
He soon realized his error — the correct label is Christian Dior — but had some fun with it nonetheless. “Kevin works at a Home Depot in Burbank,” he cracked.
Then, Rancic tried to induce Ansari to walk his fingers down the “Mani Cam,” which simulates a tiny red carpet experience for one’s fingers. “Someone built that?!” he burst out, laughing at the very concept.
Rancic decided to change the subject, asking him how many times he’d been to the Globes. Again, he poked fun at the peculiarities and excesses of awards season.
“I don’t know. All these things kind of blur together,” Ansari remarked.
When Rancic asked Ansari to show her a new dance move, he faked incredulity, cracking, “Because of my chocolate skin tone?” Finally acquiescing, the comedian decided to show her a move called “What? That’s racist.”
All Rancic could do is laugh along.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day