- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Compared to other cities, it’s far from wintry in Los Angeles, but by the looks of a collection of stars whose dresses came complete with capes, they were preparing for a big chill. Regina King’s ensemble was perhaps the most dramatic. She wore a Krikor Jabotian gown full of gold paillettes with a sweeping white chiffon cape off the back.
Cate Blanchett was equally ravishing in an ultra-ethereal, caped white patterned Givenchy gown that was floaty and delicate. Emilia Clarke looked as regal as her Game of Thrones character, wearing a high-necked black Valentino gown with sheer shoulders and a long train that pooled around her feet.
Capes also came in bright colors: Jada Pinkett Smith’s jewel-colored jade gown featured a ruffled cape down the back, and the always-stunning Jennifer Lopez donned a fitted mustard-hued column that had a matching minimalist cape. Her red lips contrasted the hue perfectly, while her stunning diamond collar necklace popped against the simple silhouette.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day