- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amy Poehler appeared on NBC’s Today show on Tuesday morning to promote her new book Yes, Please, but the actress-comedian also fielded questions about her time at Saturday Night Live, her funny family and hosting the Golden Globes, which she’s doing for the second year in a row, and third time overall, with partner-in-crime Tina Fey.
Poehler and Fey signed a two-year deal to host the Golden Globes last fall, and on Today, Poehler said this January would probably be their last time as Globes emcees, calling this year’s gig the “third and final” time they would host the show.
“It’s the law of diminishing returns, which is why this is our last time,” Poehler said. “Unless you want to be a perennial host, there’s nowhere to go but down!”
But could they un-retire as Golden Globes hosts, like Jay Z, perhaps?
“It’ll be like our farewell tour,” Poehler said of January’s show. “We’ll be the Jay Z of the Globes and never retire,” she joked.
Watch Poehler’s full interview below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day