- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tina Fey stood by her word in delivering jokes about Bill Cosby at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday night.
The comedian and her co-host Amy Poehler did not waste any time in quipping about the former Cosby Show star, who has been accused of sexual assault by multiple women.
“Sleeping Beauty just thought that she was grabbing coffee with Bill Cosby,” Poehler joked in reference to the character’s appearance in Disney musical Into the Woods.
Jokes about Cosby should not have come as a surprise to the former comedian. In an interview at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Wednesday, Fey said, “Oh, heck yes!” when Access Hollywood inquired about Cosby’s name being mentioned during the show.
Throughout the opening bit, Fey and Poehler both impersonated Cosby saying, “I put the pills in the people that the people did not want put into them.”
Cosby has been under intense scrutiny since November 2014 after 15 women went public in claiming he sexually assaulted them — many saying that he drugged them beforehand — years ago.
This year’s 72nd annual Golden Globe Awards is the third consecutive show that Fey and Poehler have co-hosted.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day