- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emma Thompson is not a fan of painful heels, or so she joked while presenting at the Globes on Sunday.
The Saving Mr. Banks star came onstage to present the Golden Globe for best screenplay at Sunday’s ceremony — barefoot. She held her black Christian Louboutin heels in her right hand, and a martini in her left.
“Yeah, hi — um, stop it,” she told the audience as they applauded her entrance. She then pointed to the bottom of her heels and said, “I just want you to know, this red? It’s my blood.”
After introducing the nominees, Thompson looked out and asked, “Where’s the envelope?” Sosie Bacon, 2014’s Miss Golden Globe and the daughter of Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, then came onstage to hand the winner’s announcement to Thompson. Since her hands were full, Thompson tossed the Louboutins over her shoulder. She handed her martini to Bacon, seized the envelope and announced the winner: Spike Jonze for Her.
Whether or not the onstage bit was scripted, Thompson stood tall atop the red-hued heels on the red carpet before the show, paired with a long-sleeved vintage Lanvin dress from London’s WilliamVintage. Could it be that we won’t see her in any more of the shoe designer’s line through the rest of awards season? Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day