- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
It shouldn’t be a huge surprise that headbands showed up on the Golden Globes red carpet. After all, we’ve been hearing so much about Roaring Twenties influences on international fashion designers collections for months. Expectations were high for lots of 23 skidoo (Google it) looks on top actresses — But there were very few drop waist flapper frocks seen tonight.
PHOTOS: Golden Globes Red Carpet Arrivals
The main nod to that era was the decorative headbands worn by Charlize Theron with her pale pink Dior gown and Michelle Williams with her Jason Wu cut velvet gown. Williams describes her jewelry as vintage Fred Leighton.
STORY: Golden Globes Winners Announced
What’s interesting is that the headbands don’t have that costume drama Downton Abbey feel because of the way they’re worn. Instead of wearing the headbands down straight across the forehead, these new styles are pushed back into the hair for a fresh modern feel.
What do you think of the new headbands?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day