- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brrrrr. It was pretty chilly late Sunday afternoon on the Golden Globes carpet in Beverly Hills.
No wonder three of the top fashionistas — Globe nominee Naomi Watts (The Impossible), Jennifer Lopez and reality star-turned-designer Nicole Richie — all wore long gowns with long sleeves.
PHOTOS: Golden Globes Red Carpet Arrivals
In Lopez’s case, the revealing Zuhair Murad white lace sheer gown probably didn’t keep her very warm. Sexy, yes. Cozy, no.
But Watts’ elegant burgundy long-sleeved ’30s-inspired retro Zac Posen gown was definitely a room heater. As for Richie’s bright blue Naeem Khan lace gown, the long sleeves probably did help a little bit.
The long-sleeved gown trend was kick-started by Anne Hathaway’s copper-colored Giorgio Armani gown at the 2011 Globes. And it didn’t hurt that Angelina Jolie also turned up in a sequined green long-sleeved Versace that same night.
STORY: Complete List of Golden Globe Winners
Now long sleeves are another red carpet option for women of all ages, not just for the over-50 actresses. And not just for chilly nights.
But enough fashion history. Tell us: Whose long-sleeved gown do you love the most?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day