- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Tilda Swinton, nominated for a Golden Globe for her role in the dark drama We Need to Talk About Kevin, is a fashionista’s fashionista: she wears avant-garde looks all of the time by Prada, Viktor & Rolf, Jil Sander and YSL on the red carpet. But to this year’s Golden Globes, in many ways the most important Hollywood awards show for serious fashion-forward fashion, she wore an unusual and very modern look by her designer best pal Haider Ackermann.
PHOTOS: Golden Globes 2012: The Red Carpet Arrivals
Swinton rarely wears color, so it was almost a shock to see her in this ice-blue metallic fabric, done in a tailored-suit shape that reflected her androgynous public image: the jacket was a bit masculine, and skirt highly feminine with a bit of a train. It’s a boon to Ackermann’s career, as the Belgian based in Paris is said to be in line to be the next designer of Chanel, when Karl Lagerfeld retires from his throne of many years.
Ackermann’s hardly a household name — but he’s sure heading in that direction. Swinton’s Globe look will certainly help bring him more recognition.
“I adore Haider, and I wear his clothes as often as I can,” Swinton told THR. “He’s also a very dear friend, I was on vacation with him this summer. Now he can read my mind about what I want to wear.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day