- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gervais said he blamed NBC for allowing the pair to be on stage again together and then said, “Mel blames … we all know who Mel blames.”
However, Gervais then said he would rather spend the night drinking with Gibson than Bill Cosby.
Before Gibson was able to present, Gervais came back on stage and asked Gibson “What the f— does ‘sugar tits’ even mean?,” alluding to the the words Gibson called a female police officer after he was arrested for a DUI in 2006.
For those wondering what I said to Mel, it was “what the fuck does Sugar Tits even mean? He took it well. Haha. pic.twitter.com/nEEk5uGSrC
— Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) January 11, 2016
Gibson presented a clip for Mad Max: Fury Road, which was nominated for best picture, drama. The actor starred in the original films.
Gibson has been somewhat out of the public eye following his 2006 DUI arrest during which he went on an anti-Semitic tirade directed toward police.
Gervais wasn’t quite done with Gibson, though.
At the very end of the show, Gervais signed off with: “For me and Mel Gibson, shalom.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day