- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a new NBC promotional video, the comedians reveal their strategy for emceeing the annual awards show and joke that at this point they might just recycle the old punch lines from the past two years.
“We’re going to show a 20-minute montage of the jokes that worked, and then we’re going to come out at the end,” says Poehler.
Fey and Poehler each share their separate goals for the show as well.
“I’m going to try to maintain eye contact with one person and win that person only, so I’m going to try to get Julia Louis-Dreyfus to smile for once,” says Poehler.
Poehler also had a new suggestion for determining who wins the prized statuettes: “I think there should be a Hunger Games-type thing where we put the people through challenges to see who wants it the most.”
The 72nd Golden Globe Awards air Sunday at 8 p.m. ET on NBC. The show will feature A-list presenters including Amy Adams, Gwyneth Paltrow and Robert Downey Jr.
Watch the full promo below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day