- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Good Morning America senior ep James Goldston is transitioning to the newly created role of senior vp for content and development at ABC News. Tom Cibrowski will take over ep duties at GMA.
ABC News president Ben Sherwood made the announcement Thursday.
The executive shuffle was not unexpected. Goldston, who came to ABC News in 2004 with correspondent Martin Bashir (now at MSNBC), has steadily risen at the news division. He successfully led the transition of Nightline from the Ted Koppel era into a multi-topic newsmagazine that is besting late-night competitors Jay Leno and David Letterman. The promotion gives Goldston a significant role in helping to define the ABC News of the future.
In an email to ABC News staffers, Sherwood characterized Goldston as “an accomplished journalist and creative force.” In his new role, he’ll “spearhead the development of new shows for broadcast, cable, and other distribution.”
Cibrowski, who began his ABC News career as a desk assistant, joined GMA in 2002 where he worked with Sherwood in his previous incarnation at ABC News at GMA’s top executive producer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day