- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Gotham Awards, which recognizes American films made on a budget, usually takes place in late November or early December, but the next edition has been slated for early 2021 — Monday, Jan. 11, specifically — the Independent Filmmaker Project has announced.
“The IFP Gotham Awards have continued to be a staple in independent film and television, and we look forward to celebrating the 30th anniversary and helping to kick off this year’s unconventional awards season,” IFP executive director Jeffrey Sharp said in a statement.
The Gotham Awards is also realigning its eligibility window this cycle with the one adopted by the Oscars and Golden Globes: films released between Jan. 1, 2020, and Feb. 28, 2021, will be considered.
Gotham Award submissions must be made by Thursday, Oct. 1, and nominations will be announced on Thursday, Nov. 12.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day