- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Cuban’s AXS TV network is bringing back Gotham Comedy Live.
Beginning May 16, the summer season of the live stand-up comedy show broadcast from New York City’s Gotham Comedy Club will return for 13 episodes, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Steve Byrne and the cast of TBS’ Sullivan & Son will kick off the new season. Byrne will headline, with castmembers Owen Benjamin, Ahmed Ahmed and Roy Wood performing sets. Leading up to the premiere, AXS TV and TBS will cross-promote via digital, social media and on-air channels.
Other comedians on tap for the new season include Maz Jobrani, Artie Lange and Charlie Murphy.
Gotham Comedy Live launched in January with a 12-episode run with Orlando Jones, Mario Cantone, T.J. Miller, Susie Essman, Carlos Mencia and Jim Norton.
Gotham Comedy Live is produced by Killer Bunny Entertainment, Sugar Hit Entertainment and Gotham Comedy Club. The return of the series joins AXS TV’s growing slate of live music and pop-culture programming, which includes World’s Greatest Tribute Bands, AXS Live, Inside MMA and concerts.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day