- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After that unflattering leaked GQ cover showing Beyonce — wearing a cropped jersey and a pair of red and black leopard print panties — swept the web, the magazine’s editors have decided to counter with the real McCoy.
The cover photo of Beyonce for the magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women of the 21st Century” issue was shot by Terry Richardson and looks far less like a Botero portrait than the previously released, strangely angled sneak peek that made major international headlines this morning.
And the mag promises that “It’s only going to get better (and hotter).” The hotly anticipated issue hits the newsstands across the country Jan. 22.
But Tuesday, when the world still will undoubtedly be recovering from Golden Globes fashion fever, GQ will release the full photo shoot and its interview with Beyonce.
In a way, this could have been absolutely genius marketing. Release the peculiar sneak peek. Then follow with the real thing and get two blasts of publicity in one day. Bravo, GQ.
We aren’t even bothering with a poll to ask you if you like this photo. We know you do. It’s a slam dunk, a hole-in-one, a touchdown.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day