- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Feb. 20 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Kanye West went on another Grammy-night rant after Beck upset Beyonce in the album of the year category. After the show, THR caught up with EDM hotshots Calvin Harris, 31, and Kaskade, 43, who had their own diatribe about the ceremony, which included no on-air awards for dance music. “Where was our music?” said Harris inside GQ‘s inaugural post-Grammy bash with Giorgio Armani at the Hollywood Athletic Club.
“Who was the show for?” chimed in Kaskade. “A bunch of geriatrics who are trying not to fall asleep?” Kaskade and Harris, the latter of whom did give a thumbs-up to Rihanna for her performance, brought up the 1989 boycott initiated by the rap and hip-hop communities against the Recording Academy when their categories weren’t televised, but both shrugged when asked if they’d go to the mat in the same way. “But,” persevered Harris, “we deserve more attention.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day