- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cast for the Los Angeles run of the Grey Gardens musical is in full bloom.
Set to take the stage downtown at Center Theatre Group/Ahmanson Theatre alongside leads Rachel York and Betty Buckley are Bryan Batt, Peyton Ella, Sarah Hunt, Simon Jones, Katie Silverman, Davon Williams and Josh Young. Rounding out the cast are Olivia Curry, Rogelio Douglas Jr., Steven Good, Melina Kalomas, Michelle London and Rebecca Spencer.
Directed by Broadway veteran Michael Wilson (The Trip to Bountiful), Grey Gardens begins previews July 6. The production officially opens July 13 with performances scheduled through Aug. 14. Set in East Hampton, New York, the story centers on Big Edie and Little Edie, the eccentric aunt and cousin of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
Their real-life journey includes a glamorous beginning as aristocrats in the 1940s to notorious recluses in the 1970s, living in a decrepit home filled with cats and filth. After its 2006 debut on Broadway, the musical, which starred Mary Louise Wilson and Christine Ebersole, went on to receive 10 Tony Award nominations.
More information on the L.A. production can be found here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day