- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
T.R. Knight, best known for his Emmy-nominated work on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy, has joined the cast of 42, Legendary Pictures’ Jackie Robinson biopic.
Brian Helgeland is directing the pic, which sees Chadwick Boseman portraying Robinson, the Dodgers legend who broke Major League Baseball’s color barrier in 1947, while Harrison Ford is playing Branch Rickey, the man who signed Robinson.
Knight will play Harold Parrott, the Dodgers traveling secretary who has to deal with the repercussions of housing once Robinson joins the team.
Legendary CEO Thomas Tull is producing, and the company’s chief creative officer Jon Jashni is exec producing along with former Disney chairman Dick Cook.
Knight has kept a fairly low profile since leaving Anatomy, where he played one of the show’s most popular characters, Dr. George O’Malley. He appeared in an episode of Law & Order: SVU last year, but Knight has concentrated on Broadway and off-Broadway work. His role in 42 will be his first feature since exiting the show in 2009.
Knight is repped by Innovative Artists and Thruline.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day