- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oliver Cooper, one of the three stars of Project X, is in negotiations to join the cast of Grown Ups 2, Columbia Pictures’ sequel to its 2010 ensemble comedy.
Most of the cast from the first movie, including Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, Maya Rudolph and Salma Hayek, is expected to return. Dennis Dugan will be back as director. Sandler and Jack Giarraputo are producing.
Grown Ups told the tale of a group of childhood friends who reunite as adults after their high school basketball coach dies. The movie grossed $162 million domestically and $271 million worldwide.
Character details are being kept hazy, though it is known that Cooper will play a frat boy-type.
The CAA-repped Cooper played Costa, the obnoxious know-it-all instigator of the mayhem in Project X, Warner Bros.’ out-of-control-party movie that opened March 2. It was the feature debut for Cooper, who previously appeared in several short films.
He is the second cast member to land a movie within weeks of Project X’s opening. Thomas Mann joined the cast of Alcon’s Beautiful Creatures about two weeks ago.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day