- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“The EMAs are a show where anything can happen,” the 21-year-old “Love Myself” singer said Thursday in a statement. “I can’t wait to host a night filled with incredible artists, performances, some surprises of my own — let’s do this, Bilbao!”
MTV revealed the hosting news through a Facebook Live sketch, which was broadcast across all of the network’s platforms.
“Hailee is a true global superstar renowned for her exceptional talent with a career that spans music, film and TV,” said Bruce Gillmer, global head of music and talent, Viacom, and co-brand head, MTV International. “We are thrilled to have her as host for this year’s MTV EMAs in Bilbao and can’t wait to see her light up the stage.”
This year’s EMAs nominations were announced Oct. 4, with Steinfeld receiving a mention in the best pop category. Other nominees include Camila Cabello, Drake and Shawn Mendes.
The Golden Globe winner will next star as Charlie Watson in the Transformers spinoff Bumblebee, and she will voice the character Gwen Stacy in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse. Both films are due in theaters in December.
MTV will reveal more performers and presenters leading up to the awards show, which will be broadcast live globally on Sunday, Nov. 4, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day