- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sierra Pictures is financing the film along with 120dB Films and Electric Shadow. The movie began production this week with Andy Goddard in the director’s seat. Killer Films’ Christine Vachon and David Hinojosa, along with Ted Hope and Sierra Pictures are producing.
Set in early 1960s New York, the story follows Walter Stackhouse (Wilson), a successful architect married to the beautiful Clara (Biel); they lead a seemingly perfect life. But Walter’s fascination with an unsolved murder leads him into a spiral of chaos as he is forced to play cat-and-mouse with a clever killer and an overambitious detective while at the same time lusting after another woman.
Imogen Poots was initially cast as the other woman but the part will now be played by Bennett.
Highsmith is the author of Strangers on a Train and The Talented Mr. Ripley.
The movie began shooting this week in Cincinnati.
Bennett recently appeared with Denzel Washington in The Equalizer and has several projects in post, among them Warren Beatty’s untitled Howard Hughes picture and Terrence Malick’s latest drama, whose cast includes Ryan Gosling and Michael Fassbender.
She is repped by CAA, Schiff Co., and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day