- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christopher Cantwell, co-creator of AMC’s Halt and Catch Fire, will direct Aaron Paul in the dramatic thriller The Parts You Lose.
Cantwell will helm from a script by Darren Lemke, which follows the unlikely friendship that unfolds between a young deaf boy, Wesley, and a fugitive criminal who takes refuge in an abandoned barn on the family’s rural North Dakota farm.
Newcomer Danny Murphy will also star in his feature film debut. Murphy was found following a worldwide casting search, which was conducted with assistance from Deaf West Theatre, for a boy who is hard of hearing.
The H Collective will fully finance the film under its production deal with Mark Johnson’s Gran Via banner. Paul will also produce, along with Tom Williams and Johnson, the latter of which executive produces Cantwell’s Halt and Catch Fire.
Cantwell, whose prior directing experience includes several episodes of his AMC series, is repped by UTA and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day