- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The stand-up comic took aim at Cosby during a performance last week at the Trocadero in Philadelphia. Buress said Cosby shouldn’t criticize the behavior of black people, given that a number of women have brought allegations of sexual abuse against him.
“Bill Cosby has the f—ing smuggest old black man public persona that I hate,” Buress said in his set. ” ‘Pull your pants up, black people. I was on TV in the ’80s. I can talk down to you because I had a successful sitcom.’ Yeah, but you raped women, Bill Cosby. So, brings you down a couple notches.”
“‘I don’t curse on stage.’ But yeah, you’re a rapist,” Buress continued.
Buress, who recurs on Broad City and has written for 30 Rock and SNL, pointed out that 13 different women have claimed Cosby raped them. “I want to just at least make it weird for you to watch Cosby Show reruns,” Buress told the audience, encouraging them to Google the assertions.
In 2006, Cosby settled out of court with a woman who claimed he sexually assaulted her. Court documents showed that her attorneys planned to bring forward 13 women who made similar allegations. Cosby denied the claims.
Video of Buress’ performance can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day