- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jon Stewart who?
Although Trevor Noah was announced as Stewart’s Daily Show successor in March (and will be taking over the series on Sept. 28), Comedy Central revealed, via a “leaked” audition tape, that he may have had a bit of competition for the role — Broad City‘s Hannibal Buress.
However, if the clip below is any indication, Noah may have been the right choice, as Buress doesn’t quite take to the position.
“First, there’s trouble in the Midwest,” Buress reads from the prompter, before a frustrated producer informs him that it’s the “Middle East.” “How do you know I’m not talking about the Bulls?” Buress responds.
He adds, “I thought The Daily Show was a euphemism for once a week?” … I wouldn’t want to do this every day.”
The clip promotes Buress’ own show, Why? With Hannibal Buress, which premieres this Wednesday on the network.
Check out the clip for more jokes about Stewart’s departure, Barack Obama‘s potential edamame addiction (“That’s more interesting than ISIS”) and more in the uncensored clip below.
Get More: Comedy Central,Funny Videos,Funny TV Shows
Why? With Hannibal Buress premieres this Wednesday, July 8, at 10:30 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day