- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rob Reiner’s 1989 romantic comedy When Harry Met Sally, starring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan, will kick off the 10th annual TCM Classic Film Festival on April 11 at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.
Reiner, Crystal and Ryan are all expected to attend the 30th anniversary screening of the film.
Turner Classic Movies, which presents the fest that showcases vintage movies, will celebrate its own 25th anniversary on April 14, closing night.
“There are romantic comedies — and then there’s When Harry Met Sally,” Ben Mankiewicz, TCM primetime anchor and official host of the TCM Classic Film Festival, said.
Mankiewicz added, “The chemistry between Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan makes them part of a legacy that includes the greats of classic movies: Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn; Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell; and Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine. And Rob Reiner — utilizing Nora Ephron’s word-perfect screenplay — follows in the rarefied air of the filmmaking giants who made those earlier pictures.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day