- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Harry Potter producer David Heyman will be honored by The Producers Guild of America, which will present him with its annual David O. Selznick Achievement Award, recognizing a producer’s outstanding body of work in motion pictures. The award will be given to Heyman at the Producers Guild Awards ceremony on Jan. 23 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles.
In addition to producing the films in the Harry Potter franchise, Heyman has served as producer on such films as Gravity, Paddington and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.
Producers Guild Awards co-chairs Michael DeLuca and Jennifer Todd said in a statement, “With Harry Potter, David Heyman set the standard for contemporary franchise filmmaking, demonstrating an unerring ability to translate a cherished literary universe to the screen, with all of its depth, humor and heart intact. He has embraced innovation, taking the technical production challenges of Gravity as a mandate to imagine and execute wholly new ways of shooting film. His work has consistently elevated our profession and our industry; in his hands, the movie screen offers the same satisfactions as the literature that often inspires his stories.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day