- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The teaser trailer for Ron Howard and Chris Hemsworth‘s epic In the Heart of the Sea has surfaced online.
The clip begins with ominous images of Hemsworth at sea on The Essex before he’s shown hurling a harpoon at a whale and the ship is destroyed from some unseen force in the sea. Rapid-fire images of a shipwreck, including fire and Hemsworth underwater and brandishing a gun follow.
Flashbacks shown the crew of the Essex — including Ben Whishaw, Benjamin Walker, Cillian Murphy and Brendan Gleeson — having fun at sea before, as a voiceover explains, “trust gave way to doubt, hope to superstition.”
In the Heart of the Sea, on which Hemsworth reunited with his Rush director, tells the true story of the events that inspired Herman Melville to write Moby Dick. Whishaw plays Melville.
The trailer teases this, showing a giant whale tail ready to smash the ship.
A final voiceover, as Hemsworth is shown struggling onto the shore, says “The tragedy of the Essex is the story of men.”
Warner Bros. is set to release In the Heart of the Sea in March 2015.
Watch the full teaser trailer above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day