- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) devises an ingenious way to reconnect with his daughter in the trailer for the Sundance film Hearts Beat Loud: They’re going to start a band.
Offerman plays Frank, a single father who needs to close his vintage store because of rising Brooklyn rent just months before his only daughter heads off to UCLA. In a last bid to get his life back together, Frank decides to turn his weekly jam sessions with his daughter Sam (Kiersey Clemons) into an actual musical group — just like he used to with his wife.
Directed by Brett Haley, whose 2015 film I’ll See You in My Dreams garnered rave reviews, Hearts Beat Loud features a cast that includes Ted Danson, Sasha Lane and Toni Collette. The film, which made a splash during its Sundance debut in January, hits theaters June 8.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood