- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mike Mignola’s Hellboy might be taking part in Injustice 2, but the latest trailer for the video game makes one thing clear: He’s not going to take any nonsense, even when he’s faced by DC’s cosmic threats.
“Whatever you’ve got, I’ve seen worse,” he says when faced by Atrocitus, leader of the Red Lantern Corps (basically the Green Lanterns, but fueled by anger instead of willpower). Next, the audience gets to see fight footage against Atrocitus, Cyborg and Scarecrow. Before delivering the final blows in each fight, Hellboy shares that he is, as he puts it, “so over this crap.”
A surly, powerful Hellboy who can take down some of DC’s heaviest hitters and literally crash into hell? It look like Mignola’s independently owned character — published through Dark Horse Comics — is going to be treated with respect when he becomes available for the game on Nov. 14 as part of new downloadable content for those who bought the game’s Ultimate Edition, Digital Deluxe Edition, Ultimate Pack or Fighter Pack 2.
Injustice 2, from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment, is currently available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day