- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Nicki Minaj, the artist Rolling Stone magazine recently dubbed the “Queen of Hip Hop,” tweeted that she was in shock after Regis Philbin got a little handsy with her Monday.
After Minaj sang “Right Thru Me” on Live With Regis and Kelly, the co-hosts stood beside her for a quick interview. That’s when 79-year-old Philbin took advantage of his close proximity to the 25-year-old singer by stroking the front of her tight dress and patting her bottom.
“Regis! What just happened?” said Kelly Ripa.
But Philbin wasn’t quite done with his, shall we say, playfulness, because Minaj then told Philbin of the advice she got from her friend Lil Wayne, the rapper: “Wayne tells me to go hard.”
“Go hard?” asks Philbin. “I wish I could.”
Minaj smiles and rolls her eyes; Ripa bites her lip; and the audience cheers. [Watch the video above. The interview begins at the 2:40 mark.]
Afterward, Minaj tweeted, “LOL. I was in shock!” in response to a tweet that asked her, “What went thru your mind when Regis had slapped ya? That was epic!”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day