- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Think of it as one of those psychological optical illusions.
But instead of spotting either an old crone or beautiful young woman, a J.C. Penney billboard in West L.A. bears, depending on whom you ask, either the image of a sleek tea kettle or Adolf Hitler delivering a Nazi salute.
Yes, as hard as it is to believe, it’s true. (Although you may need to squint a bit.)
The Michael Graves Design Bells and Whistles Stainless Steel Tea Kettle looming just east of the southbound 405 in Culver City has a distinctly Hitler-y look to it, from its molded grip (his hair part) to its knobby handle (his moustache) to even its spout-top bell (an outstretched right hand).
The similarity between the kitchenware item and the Nazi leader was spotted and snapped by a Reddit user who posted it to the popular message board.
The Internet has been having a field day with it ever since.
So which do you see?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day